sexta-feira, 1 de abril de 2016

Hmong


Light From a Burning Citadel


Once this highland was our birthplace. Once
we were children of kings.

Now I am a Siamese rosewood on fire.
I am a skin of sagging curtain.
I am a bone of bullet hole.
I am locked in the ash oven of a forest.

Peb yog and we will be.

The sky sleeps quilted in a militia of stars.

Someone has folded
gold and silver spirit
money into a thousand tiny boats.

Peb yog
hmoob and we will be.

I am hungry as the beggar who cracked
open a coconut to find
the heart of a wild gaur.

Hmoob and we
will be.

The tree is more ancient
than its homeland,
shedding its annual citrine
as hourglass dripping honey.

Peb yeej ib txwm yog
hmoob.

I dig and dig for no more roots to dig.
I soldier with my severed
legs, my fallen ear.

I’ve become the shrill
air in a bamboo pipe—the breath
of an army of bells.


Mai der Vang, EUA (1981)



Notas
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    1 Somos
2 Somos Hmong
3 Sempre temos sido/fomos Hmong.
 Os Hmong são uma etnia que habita principalmente em zonas montanhosas no Laos, Vietname,    Birmânia, Tailândia e na região montanhosa da China.

                                                                                             

Sem comentários: